Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How many home births planned for April??

Hi I'm Michelle and hopeing for a home birth with my 4th baby due 18th April. and i've notices there seems to be a few of us expecting in April hopeing for a home birth. When in April are you all due , tell us about yourself and have you had a home birth before?

I have a Girl 13, a boy 4 and a girl 3 next week and am expecting another boy. I had my first DD at home but then my next 2 in a midwife unit as we moved but i have decided on a home birth again this time. I have had a waterbirth with each of my LO's and have got my pool ready for this one. As i'm now 38 i think this will be our last but never say never. (just don't tell my husband LOLimage

Replies

• Options
    Hi, i'm actually due 27th march but i've been late with all mine so probably go over into April!
    I'm expecting my 5th, i'm 27 and have a daughter from a previous relationship who is 9, and i have 3 boys ages 5, 3 and 16 months with my partner. Our next baby is a boy too, i was hoping for a girl so we could call it quits then because my partner also has 3 girls with his ex, so it would have been nice to have a girl together!
    I had my fisrt 2 in hospital and the other 2 at home and hopefully this one at home too. Although i really want 'some' of my life back i can't help feeling that i'd like to try for a girl again in the futuer but when does it end!!!!! lol
  • Options
    I'm due 16th April and planning to have a home water birth. Have the pool ready, just need to get set it up nearer the time! We are expecting a baby girl. Looking forward to a much more relaxing birth. I seem to get wound up whenever I go into hospital, so being at home in my own environment should be much better for me, as long as nothing goes wrong!
  • Options
    I'm due 22nd April, this is my first baby and it's a boy. I wanted a homebirth because I would like for it to be as natural as possible, and for it to happen in a way that works for me and not for a hospital. I think I'll feel more comfortable at home, and so will my OH. I'm not hiring a pool though, don't really like the idea of a waterbirth, will be using my birthing ball and relaxing music instead!
  • Options
    Hi, im Wendy, im due 26th April, and this is my second and we are having another boy. This is my first Homebirth and i feel so relaxed and happy about everything this time around. We havent got a pool but im using a birth ball, tens machine and im using the hypnobirthing cds in preperation. xxxxx
  • Options
    Hiya,
    Im due 5th April (although Im sure bubs will arrive nearer the 19th, LOL) and expecting our first baby, a boy. We have a birthing pool too that is currently sat in the garage along with the pram. I have also been using the natal hypnotherapy CDs and have just started on the raspberry leaf tablets. Im really looking forward to my homebirth but won't let myself get too upset if it doesn't go to plan for whatever reason.

Only another 6-8 weeks to go!!!

Becky x
    http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2695/269598.png

• Options
    I think that is the key to a good home birth and birth in general. Plan for what you want but be open to things changing. Michelle
  • Options
    Hi I am due 21st April and planning my 2nd birth this time at home. We have a brought a pool and are really hoping to go down a much more natural route this time. I have 1 daughter aged 20 months and this baby is also a little girl.
    xx
  • Options
    hi i'm due 6th april, and so far things going well for a homebirth!!! this is my 4th lo, all my other lo's were born in hospital, and as this is most likely going to be my last lo, decided i'd like a homebirth!! i too have been using natal hypnotherapy cd's, and i'm finding them lovely and relaxing, so am hopeful that the techniques are going to be useful during labour. my oh is very supportive and my mw is due to come and visit me a home @ 36 weeks to drop round a home birth pack! image
  • Options
    Hi there

Midwife house visit approval going well this Thursday I hoep to have one too. Due April 19th. I only live 2 streets away from hospital so quite happy to have it at home and try and use my hypnobirthing thang. Fingers crossed!

Susan
  • Options
    i'm due 15nd April but am convinced its coming early , this is my first baby I wanted a homebirth because I would like for it to be as natural as possible, and i hate hospitals I'll feel more comfortable at home and think i'll relax more , i wanted to hire a birthing pool but haven't got the room so will stick will filling the bath up and putting blue tac in the overflow lol
    is anyone hiring a TENS machine ?

emily xxx
  • Options
    hi Emily yes i think i'm going to hire a tens machine. I've never used one before but for some reason i want one this time?
  • Options
    Blimey, there are loads of you planning home births in april. I am due May 13th, and I know Moomin is having a may home birth. Not sure if there are any others. Can't wait to hear all your birth stories!