Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can anyone recommend abirth pool.

Hi ladies, I have been planning a home birth for a while but after reading some of your birth stories I would really like to try a water birth - can anyone recommend a good pool and where to get them from.

Sarah
35+2

Replies

• Hi I used a birth in a box eco mini, which i liked. You can buy them on line www.birthinabox.co.uk or you can try ebay you can get a bargine but be carefull with postage you can end up paying more!:roll:
    If you are on netmums it might be worth putting a wanted ad on I got mine that way and paid ??40 instead of ??140!;\)

The www.ecobirthpools.co.uk look good too.
    xx
  • I too had the birth in a box eco mini which was perfect.. only my labour came on too quick so I stayed in the bath tub and didnt get to use it!

• Hi Sarah,

I hired mine from http://www.waterbabybirthingpoolhire.co.uk/

the woman who runs it is lovely and replied to any of my email queries the same day usually.
    It cost us ??81 altogether, hire was ??60 and it was ??20 for courier delivery-however Ive just had a look at their website and they've changed it now to be ??80 but free delivery so am guessing shes found a courier that'll deliver anywhere.
    That was for 5 weeks hire delivered around 37 wks. They are the Birthpool in a box in the Regular size, you get everything included to fill/empty the pool as well and then you can just send it back when you're done!

Good luck, hope you have a great birth! x
  • Hey Sarahboo, thanks for that. I was going to buy one from birthpoolinabox. But that comes to ??160 and even if I were to use it for two births, with the expense of a new liner it would still work out ??20 dearer than hiring one out twice and no storage worries! Got to be more eco-friendly too!
    Cheers again and hope you had a fab Xmas.
    SC
    xxx
    36 weeks today!