Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

who do i speak 2 about a home birth...

hiya girls. im really hoping 4 a home birth this is my 2nd pg and i had my 1st in hospital bcoz she had problems so had no choose but i really didn't like bein in hostpital. i fink thy r dirty as every time i go thy look it.... i was j.w who i speak 2 about havin a home birth bcoz wud love to have my lil man in the comfort ov my own home had not have 2 stay in hostpital... my mum, MIL, SIL and Oh fink im made my oh mainly coz he finks thy will b no gas and air for him lol... i dnt no wot 2 do...

Sammi 19+ weeks
xxxxx

Replies

• Have a chat with your mw next time you see her. Don't worry, gas and air will be available for a home birth, so your oh will be alright!!

I planned a home birth for my daughter who is my first, it didn't quite work out as I transferred to hospital but I was really glad I started out at home. My mws were really supportive, they came round and explained the whole thing to me and my husband. You can tell your family that home births are just as safe as hopsital births as long as you are low risk.

Try checking out this site as well:

www.homebirth.org.uk

HTH!