Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Already for home birth!!!

Just wanted to say good luck and I hope you get the birth that you want. I'm sure that it will all be fine, but try not to panic if you do end up going into hospital for any reason. I really wanted a home birth and was at home for most of my labour, which was really nice as it was quiet and relaxing with my own choice of music playing and so on. But in the end I transferred into hospital because my daughter just didn't seem to want to move- and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected- and I'm like you, I hate the idea of hospitals!

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

I hope all goes well for you- how exciting! image

I was the same as Poz, I ended up transferring in with my son as he wasn't going anywhere, but by that point I was satisfied I'd tried everything, so I didn't mind transferring although I'm not keen on hospitals. Also, because I was able to relax properly at home I got to fully dilated before the transfer, so I was able to avoid a c-section.

I wondered how I'd be during the labour, but it's amazing how much your hormones take over and enable you to just go with the flow- I didn't panic once, which was a pleasant surprise! As you'll have heard, being relaxed at home does enable all the necessary hormones to be released- it really does work! Assuming all goes well this time, I'm going for a home birth again.

Enjoy meeting your baby!!
    20+5 xxx
  • Options
    I know it's a worry but most women do start labour naturally within 48 hours of their waters breaking, so try not to worry. You could try doing lots of walking to try to move things along- although be careful not to tire yourself out of course! I hope it all starts v soon for you- keep us posted. V exciting! image
    xxx
    22+1