Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

I'm trying to decide which birth pool, Aquaborn v BPIAB?

I have short listed my birth pool choice between Aquaborn and birth pool in a box, can any help me decide which is better. BPIAB is quite commonly used it seems but i like the look of the Aquaborn eco birth pool. Can anyone help?
Thanks Vicky

Replies

• I am due in 5 weeks so don't have any physical experience of either but thought I would let you know that I bought the regular BPIAB. It is just fab. It inflates in 3 sections so you can lower it if you need to, there is a great seat and the floor is really cushioned should you want to kneel. It is a good size and easily fits both my husband and I in at the same time (I am 5'6" and hubby is nearly 6'). There are also four good sized grips around the sides. Best of all, it will make a great pool for Bean once he/she is old enough!

I haven't see the Aquaborn pool so can't comment on that one I'm afraid.

C.x
    35 weeks today
  • Great! thanks for that. I actually just bought the Aquaborn Pool after much deliberation, i'm looking forward to getting it! I'll tell all when i recieve it! Thanks
  • I/We had a water birth and (although i'm pleased its over), it was a much better experience than my previous hospital birth.We used the Aquaborn pool,and it was great. Deffinately do it in water again.
  • Congratulations!!
    I'm glad you got your positive waterbirth.
    we look foward to hearing your story!!
    xx