Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Arnica Tablets

Hi ladies

Some advice needed please - I have an elective c section next wednesday and have read about the marvels of arnica tablets.

I have been told I can start taking them from today but wonder the dosage as on the pack it only mentions about taking it to recover then it says 2 tablets up to six times then afterthat up to 4 times a day for a week

I don't want to take too many but I also want to take enough that it will have an effect and also some after my op if still needed

Any guidance would be greatly received!

Jen

Replies

• Hi I didnt realise you could take arnica as a pre-emptive.

I did take I think it was the 50cc dosage after birth but not c sec and it was really good. I took max dose on packet. sorry can be more help than that. good luck for your new arrival xx
  • i took it from the day of surgery and took the dose on the pack when i remembered maybe you could take the maintanence does of 4 a day intil your section, good luck x
  • hi, i think u'll have had ur baby by now, so congratulations, but if anyone else might read this...i took my first dose of arnica the night before with the pre meds, then again in the morning with that lot of pre meds, then as and when i remembered for a week after the op. i didn't use it last time, and have definately healed better this time, whether thats down to the arnica i don't know, but i'll be taking it next time lol.