Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

another question sorry...

hi again but i have been getting a lot of back pain all day, very mild pains where i would usually have period pains, major braxton hicks and my hips feel like iv got someone pressing down on them... also and this is soo gross im sorry but ivhad really bad gas and soft stools over the past few days... does this mean anyhting? x

sound like a nutcase dont i!!!!!

Replies

• It means things are starting to happen.Don't think everyone has the same symptoms,but I always start with period type pains which get stronger over time and turn into contractions.The stronger braxton hix and that pushing down feeling's all part of it  too.Oh and the toilet thing.

Not a nutcase at all,it sounds like your body's getting ready.

• just rang midwife nd she reckons im in established early labour.... what does that mean exactly? x
  • Excited now!It's happening at last.

You're having the beginnings of labour.Are the pains regular?Can you time them yet?

If you can,try to rest.You'll need your energy,you don't want to be worn out later on.

Have you got everything ready?

• no not really and really far apart so not been timing.... they rnt all tht painful...
  • any news any news?!? xxxx
  • yeh... NOTHING except high bp and a lot of headaches had to stay in 2 nights but begged to be let free but got to go bk in later to have my bp tested AGAIN!!!! x
  • when is your due date?  how are you feeling now (apart from the headaches)?
  • fri was and im ok now ta... had sweep yestaday and was in AGGGONY!! but nothing came of it other then a bloody show image xx
  • Im sure it wont be long, if you have had a show that usually means things are starting to happen. You might get a christmas baby image
  • iv had a million shows and nothing but had another sweep today (cos im terrified of being induced) and she recons within the nex 24- 48 hrs !!!! woooo

xx

• best of luck hun, cant wait to hear all about it! take care and MERRY CHRISTMAS xxxx
  • good luck hope all goes well, merry xmas xx
  • thanks girls its dragging. lol. going slightly mad....
  • let us know how you get on, and have a merry christmas - if you can.