Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

39+1.... ready & waiting!!

Hi all, i'm 39+1 and would love my baby girl to arrive some time soon! I've not really had many signs to say she's on her way apart from some back & tummy ache over the last few days, but nothing obvious.

People have asked me if i've lost my mucus plug, but I can't say i've noticed! Should I have by now? I have to go back to see my midwife next Monday (24th) which is my due date for a sweep. Does anyone have any handy hints to get her to get a wriggle on and come soon?? :0)x

Replies

• Hi!

I'm 39 weeks today and have had no niggles at all, no Braxton Hicks, mucous plug, back ache or anything!

I just keep telling myself that it's not about me, that my baby will come when it's ready and that when it's ready will when it's most safe and happy. I'm going to refuse sweep and induction, well that's what I'm telling myself! Ask me again when I'm 41+ weeks!

Try and do some fun things that will be more difficult when baby's here, like the cinema.

• hiyanot long for you to go now, when i was 40weeks i got really bad back pain,i was due on 9th oct but eventually had him by emcsection and being induced on 23rdoct. i didnt loose my mucas plug til 41+3days, i know your eager tomeet your lil one but she will come when she is good and ready. even though louie was 2weeks late he only weighed 7lb3. i tried everything to get louie to come sooner but nothing worked.x
  • I remember feeling so close but yet so far!!! I had a bloody show a week before DD arrived. I recall being gutted cos I took that as an imminent arrival.

I was constantly analysing every last twinge & nearly drove myself crazy wondering how I would now when the time came.

The day before she arrived (a week late) I had a change of attitude & thought 'she will come when she's ready' - that night she let me know she was on her way!

I tried everything, raspberry leaf tea tablets, pineapples, bouncing on my ball but I have a feeling it was the rumpy pumpy that night that set it off (what can I say, I was desperate to meet her!).

I would recommend the ball though cos she was in the correct position all along & maybe this helped!???

Good luck - it's wonderful!! xxxx
  • Thanks everyone, I have decided after my failed sweep yesterday (my midwife couldn't do one as things don't seem to be ready down there yet) to change my attitude and to take each day as it comes and enjoy some sleep, shopping and seeing friends whilst I can xx