Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anal Fissures and C-Sections - very personal (sorry)

I apologise if this is too much info for some.

I suffer from piles and an anal fissure which i have had for 14 years image i still bleed when passing a stool if I dont take fibregel regularly.

My question is about giving birth. Because of my history with this, can I opt for a C-section if I want to? or will they make me have a natural birth.

I know that when you are pregnant, all sorts of horrible things go through your mind but I am absolutely terrified of what might happen if I give birth naturally, especially if it is a long labour as those are the muscles that I will be pushing with.

Can anyone please put my mind at rest? I will of course be speaking to my midwife at every opportunity about this, but just wondered what your thoughts/opinions are and if you have any advice for me?

xx

Replies

• Options

Hi!

What was your experience from having anal fissures ang giving birth?

Did it become worse? Did you choose between the c-sec, and the vaginal birth?

I have the same problem and dont know whats the best option for me is.

Thanks

• Options

i also have the same problem i have had them for about two years, and will be giving birth in just a few weeks now. i had been planning on having a c-section but then my new dr said i didnt need one just because of the fissures and didnt want to take a look at my problem or even hear what i go through with out even pushing a baby, and my husband was there and wont stop going on about how i Can have a natural birth but i stilll dont think its safe...

what should I do??

• Options

Hi!i will also give birth in a few weeks.. week 38 today!

And my doctors told me its no problem giving birth with them, so i think you will be fine!

Have you decided what to do?