Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone had a negative experience?

I know this is the topic no one really wants to discuss, but the feedback on here about homebirth seems overwhelmingly positive. Surely there have got to be some negative experiences or negative sides. I'd love to hear them before making my decision. Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    i dont think ive ever heard of anyone who had a homebirth having a bad experience, even if they ended up trasferring and having a assited delivery/c section they generally seem more positive about the whole experience.

Maybe its beacause they are asked about transferring and given reasons for it rather than emergency buzzer rush rush rush as seems to happen in hospital and they have 2 midwives with them so have enough people with them constantly ( not spilt between them and other ladies) plus they are on their own turf so feel like they still have control over what happens.

Have you tried the homebirth website that has stories of people who ended up transferring for various reasons.
  • Options
    I had a homebirth with my 2nd baby in nov 2009. The birth was very quick and care fantastic. Unfortunately i had to be transferred afterwards due to a retained placenta, however i would still recommend homebirths. The midwifes were fab and tried everything to try to remove the placenta before transfer. One midwife came with me in the ambulance and the other helped my husband prepare the baby and clean up. Good luck with your decision x
  • Options
    thanks ladies. I hadn't thought about the fact that I can ask the midwife to whisk me in if in any doubt, rather than waiting for definite problems. That's made me feel better. Thanks so much.

Think as long as all goes ok beforehand, a home birth is what I'm thinking now.