Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

My Home Water Birth

Hiya everyone,

Well as the title states I have had my little boy. Tobias Neil William arrived 3 days late on Monday 21st February at 0412 weighing a healthy 8lb 3oz.

Really fast labour with this baby from my first contraction to delivery was a total of 3 1/2 hours, on the official paperwork my 2nd stage of labour was just 7 mins!!!!

I feel so lucky as I was able to have my 2nd home water birth completely uncomplicated and given the time of night my other 2 children were in bed fast asleep and had a lovely surprise when they woke the following morning.

The labour in itself was probably the best one of the 3, it was most certainly the most controlled and even at the very end just before the pushing started in between contractions I was laughing and joking with the 2 midwifes here.

He is an absolutely gorgeous little boy and we are so chuffed to have completed our family.

It has completely reconfirmed my feeling that having a home birth for me was absolutely the right decision, I felt completely in control the whole time and my midwives were absolutely amazing.

xxx

Replies