Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

latent phase/early labour

Hi I'm posting these topic allover BE in the hope that someone will be/been in similar boat. I'm currently 38+5 with my second child. My 1st was incuced sue to being overdue. I've been having contractions since tuesday night about 9.30. That night my bowels also decided to empty themselves (sorry if tmi). felt sick all of yesterday as well as having irregular contracions and had lots of back pain. Today lots of pain in uterus and back. been getting more contractions that seem to be getting into a pattern but then change. also fe;t lots of pressure down below paticulary in bum. Phoned midwife who just said it was latent phase of labour, which is normal. after the last couple of days. I'm now starting to feel quite down about it and tearful. It feels like baby is never going to come - I'm so desperate for this to progress. Has any one else got or had this?? feel like I'm the only freek!! x

Replies

• Options
    Hi I;m exactly the same and coincidentely our due date is the same also. I feel totally rubbish at the min but I have had no pains really. Doesn't feel like anything is going to kick off soon either image Its so depressing isn't it? I haven't even had my 38 wk doc/ mw app either yet as my doc is on holiday at the min so not seeing him till Monday whcih feels ages away. I have had no clear out no pains other than SPD and a bit of upper back ache. This is also my second and I thought maybe he will come earlier than my DD but no I was wrong, as long as he makes an appearance before she did (a week over).

Emma

38 + 5 image
  • Options
    I was in ealry labour for a few days with my first it went something like this

i started getting period pains and losing my plug at around 11pm Tuesday night pains were around every 10 minutes overnight but really irregular/stopped duing the day.

Weds night the same 10 mins.

thurs irregular/stopped

Thurs night hubby went into hospital (anaphalactic shock thing) pains were a bit stronger but no closer than 10mins

Fri day nothing!! was knackerd, fri night nothing

Sat woke up felt like i was coming down with flu 11am had a bloody show and then contractions started to get stronger closer together. Sat night at 10.30pm we went to hospital i was 4cm and stretchy and then i had my baby at 8.34am sunday morning.

So hang in there your body is obviously gearing up and preparing and its going the right way at least you have signs that things are revving up!! My advice would be to relax do stuff as normal and remember to eat little and often,