Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hypno birthing

Hi, just wondering about advice from anyone on hypno birthing dvds or books?

I live in quite a remote area and am currently an hour drive from closest class, so was going to get dvd or book, but there are many, and wondered if any had been tried or tested???

Thank you image

Replies

• Options
    I was given the the Hypnobirthing Mongan Method book/cd from a friend (who tried but had to have a C-section b/c of breach, but she still found it very useful) and my midwife recommended someone (another midwife) locally who does these classes (have not tried these as still not sure aprox 300 GBP). Not sure if you are doing yoga/pregnancy yoga but I did find the techniques for breathing and focusing/meditation very similar to my classes (and would rather go to these classes and my familiar teacher than shell out for separate classes - but my yoga teacher is v. experienced over many years, and is a mum of two). The CD is ok, but I think a bit sparse (2 sessions, Rehearsal and Birth Relaxation aprox 20 mins each) but the book is v.good at explaining the methodology and its very encouraging. I'm a first time mum w/9 weeks to go so we'll see the reality soon enough - lol. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hypnobabies has a  Home Study program that is very complete.  There are over 10 different hypnosis tracks and it has 3 just for your birthing day!  I used Hypnobabies with my last birth and it worked great.  I also have gathered over 250 birth stories from other moms using hypnosis for birth at www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com
  • Options
    Sheridan, this is a great post. Can you tell me where I can actually buy the courses in the UK or shipped to? It might be a bit tight to get it all coursework done but I have to say watching (and listening to the cds played in the background in one of the videos) seemed really comprehensive. I might try to give this a go if I can get it in time.
  • Options

I had the same problem as you and bought hypo-birthing cds on amazon and they worked amazingly well my first birth altho needing to be induced in the end i was 38weeks and remained calm through out and labour lasted 4hours the birthing music was amazing and really helped me concentrate on my breathing.