Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

3rd section

Hey Ladies...2 questions really.

1st is ...ive just found out im preg again...i'l be due a week before my youngest turns 1 !!!! so a big shock all round....just worried about the implications of catching so soon and my scar?

2nd...n e 3rd time section ladies...is it worse/better healing this time....n e thing i should know....were u told no more after this one!?

thanks girls...

nervous and excited mum of 2 with bump!!! SOOO bloody weird!

Replies

• congratsulations!

i am currently pregnant with my second and hoping for a vbac however i have been told if i end up with a section (i will if baby is overdue) they will only allow 3 sections in all, although i do know some ladies on here have had more, i suppose if you get pregnant again theres not alot they can do about it!

from what i have read the initial healing process is easier but i am sure the other ladies here can be more help x
  • congratualltions on your PG im having my 4th section in JUne DD3 will be just turned 16months old so quite close as my plasenta isnt over my scar the risk isnt much higher, my first 2 children are 12 months 19days apart!!! so again quite close together. Iv never had any preoblems so far 27wks, you do get a little more streching pain int he scan i had it about 9wk and 16wk and 20wk normal in a growth spirt for baby,

My 3rd section was my best one yet, best and quickest recovery, im hoping this one will be just as good, im getting steralized during this op.

hope all goes well sweet.

sam 27wk

xxx
  • thanks ladies...feeling little reassured!! xx
  • Hi, not much on the help front but nice to talk to people in similar situations, i was all for a vbac (had 2 sections 1 emergency 1 elective) but there seems to be something new going against it all the time so now i am unsure. Its really helped to know you 3rd was easier Sam, think i am expecting it to get worse.

I have never gone into labour naturally was 13 days over with DD1 and 3 with DD2 so at the minute i am thinking if i go the full 14 days over with nothing i will have to have a section any way, whereas if i have a planned section i am sure i could get them to do it at 38 weeks due to might get GD, history of large babies and SPD, so that would mean theoreticly (sorry crap spelling) i could have had the elective and be over it by the time i have waited till i have it naturally or end up wi section anyway.... :?

Even just writing it down is making me think its the best option...plus with the SPD the last few weeks might be really harrd with the pain anyway and the only reason i dont want a section is i have a 3 and 5 year old so the recovery will make life difficult for a few weeks, but i have a great family who i know will help out........well i think i may have just made my decision lol :lol:

Sorry for the long rant ladies but it really seems to have helped me out :lol:

Oh and congrats on the blue bump Sam, must be nice after 3 DDs, my hubbie was a bit gutted when we found out we were having DD No 3!! but he is fine now, think its a man thing xx
  • thanks!! definatly a man thiing hubby was gutted with dd3 but after a few weeks he was fine.............this time he is absolutly over the moon even more as its our last baby!! i was all up for a VBAC with my 3rd but as i to have big babies they advised against it as they say i have a small pelvis and they reasured me that a section was a safer option, im nervous about this section but i think everyone is nervous coming up to any operation, and like i said im hoping it gets easier too, i will have had 4 section in 5 1/2yrs, xx