Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Boggy Placenta?? G/C From DIS

2 weeks ago i had a subchronic heamatoma above my uterus but had no vaginal bleeding, this was found by scan on Tues 15th then on Fri 18th i had some cramping so went back to be checked and the MW couldn't see the bleed anymore and suggested the cramping was from the blood re-absorbing itself.

Today i had to go back for a final scan to check it had completely gone, the bleed had gone but the MW saif my placenta looked cloudy, she asked a more senior MW to check the scan and she too said it looked cloudy so a very senior MW checked and said i need to see a consultant.

I was really scared but we seen baby, HB was there and baby was wriggling round happy as anything so this made me more relaxed.

The MW explained that i have a boggy placenta and that i shall need to go for scans every 4 weeks to check baby is still growing properly, she said that if baby seems to have stopped growing and the consultant thinks its necessary i will be delivering baby early, but usually this is from 28-32 weeks onwards.

I have to see my consultant on monday morning and they will explain all to me in more detail and tell me exactly what the plan is for me.

Im staying positive as baby was measuring dead on for how far i am and other than the placenta everything was fine but i cant help worrying about if baby needs to come so early.

Im 15+5 and wondering if anyone has or had this problem and what happened?

Sorry its such a long post! Emma x