Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

I think im all ready@:)

Hi Ladies,

Well i have 5 weeks left until my due date, My birth pool has arrived, i have all my plastic sheeting, and basically everything needed for the birth (i hope)

I had my 1st birth in hopsital, and the experience was rushed,I wasn't listened to, and ended up delivering on the wardimage something i dont want to experience again. However i am begining to get slighty nervous about my decision of having my baby at home (even though i've wanted this from the very start) my family (not my partner) are very anti home birth, and basically puting grave concerns in my head about the choice ive madeimage

My partner and myself are determined to put all these comments aside, and have the birth i've longed for, have the ladies that have had a home birth let me know if they were happy with the choice of having a HB?

Any extra advise on my birth/words of wisdom would also be very much apprechiatedimage

Thanks Ladies xxx

Replies

• hi hun, i had a homebirth with my second and it was amazing. i was worried that i might panic when it happened but it felt so natural. i didnt once think i should be at hospital. but dont forget you can change your mind at any point so there really is no pressure. just go with the flow and relax. good luck x
  • Hi, I had my 1st baby at home and don't regret it for a second, she was a week early and I did start to get a little nervous in the few days before her birth (goodness knows what I would have been like if I'd gone overdue) I also started to question if i'd made the right decision.

Like siandonna said you can change your mind right up until the last minute so try not to worry.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you, there's nothing like being in your own home just after giving birth and being surrounded by all your home comforts!

Good luck - let us know how it goes!

• hey there i had my daughter at home first birth and abs loved it i went almost two weeks over but when she came she got a wriggle on but i think being in my own place really helped speed things up and made it totally bearable. Couldn rave about it more also i think if you have done it once you have an idea of what will happen and therefore you are already more prepared than you think

As the others have said though you can change your mind at any time but please do not let your family plant doubt in your mind. Totally your choice because its your body your baby and your right to choose

Cant wait to hear your story good luck xxx
  • Thank you so much ladiesimage watch this space lolxxx
  • Hi Hun,

First of all good luck with the home birth, i had my second at home and my family were totally against it, i was also very concerned whether i would be able to actually go through with it as i am definately pro drugs...LOL however my mw was very supportive to me and my partner and during labour i screamed that i wanted all sorts of things like epidural but never once screamed to go to hospital and gave birth in my pool at home, it was great!

So good luck xxx
  • I agree with Siandonna, don't forget that you can change your mind at any point. I ended up in hospital because of meconium, but spent 30 out of 31 hours at home and it was the best, most relaxing place to be. Then giving birth in hospital meant that the house didn't need tidying up too much and I was home 2 hours later.

I'd do the same again.

Hope it goes really well for you, it's so exciting!