Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Water birth...

Hi ladies, just G/C from DIS, hope you are all well

I am 18+3 and recently found out i have multiple placental lakes, found after a subchronic haematoma above the uterus, it reabsorbed itself and i had no vaginal bleeding.

Been told i may suffer more of these and that the placental lakes can cause lower birth weight.

I have been told to expect my waters to break from 34+ weeks and that i will be induced at 39 weeks if my little girlie hasnt already made an appearance.

I would like to have a water birth in the hospital but was wondering if you can still have an epidural with this type of birth plan?

Also im not holding my breath on this birth plan as i may need a c-section due to my problems, which doesnt bother me, as long as my little girl arrives safely im happy

Has/is anyone having a water birth and has/does anyone suffer multiple placental lakes?

Thank you Emma and 18+3 Aoif???? bump x

Replies

• Hey you. You could be in the birthing pool with gas and air as far as I know. Any pain relief other than that and they would get you out. Can't help with the placental lakes x
  • Hi

Like KayeCee says you'll not be allowed in a birthing pool with an epidural on board, G&A is the strongest you can have in there.

Likewise can't help about the placental lakes, my best suggestion would be read read read, find out everything you can about it and ask your midwife / consultant as many questions as you need to, then hopefully you'll be happier with whatever course of action is necessary.

Good luck

xx