Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Multiple placental lakes...

Hi ladies, hope you are all well image

I recently found out i have multiple placental lakes, found after suffering from a subchronic haematoma around 14 weeks.

I have been referred to a consultant who i will stay with throughout my pregnancy and during birth, i have had 1 meeting with her so far to talk about their findings and how i can expect things to go for the rest of my pregnancy.

Basically they have told me i will be scanned every 4 weeks to check my baby girl's growth and to expect my waters to break from 34+ weeks and that I will be induced at 39 weeks if she hasnt already made an appearance.

I would have liked a water birth, but can this be done if you want an epidural?

Also they have told me i can make a birth plan but i may need a c-section, im hoping they will tell me if i do or not at my 28 week scan.

My midwife told me to have my hospital bag ready at 28weeks and that baby could even come a little earlier 30-32weeks but its hopefully not likely.

Has/is anyone planning a water birth and has/does anyone suffer from placental lakes causing them to have a premature baby?

Thank you, Emma and 18+3 Aoif???? bump x

Replies

• Options
    Hi! Yesterday I had my second ultrasound and my dr. said he saw multiple dark spots. He didn't give them a name, but I believe them to be multiple placental lakes. He said the baby is about a week smaller than she should be, which worries me :? . He told me not to worry, that he might have gotten the due date wrong, but I know when I conceived and I don't believe it's wrong. I have another ultrasound in 3 weeks to look at if further, hopefully then he will explain a little more! I suppose if the baby is a bit smaller, I can deal with that. As long as its not harming her more than that....Hope everything goes well with you!
  • Options
    Hi Josi_g was this at your 20 week scan?

They found mine at a check up scan at about 15 weeks and explained a little to me then, i then seen my consultant 5 days later and she explained it all to me.

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow at which they will do the normal checks and check the lakes and size of baby.

If all seems the same and they havent got worse then i will next see my consultant at 28 weeks for another scan to check baby's size, they will then go from there as to what the plan of action is for me.

All i know right now is that i will definitely be having baby at 39 weeks, thats if it doesnt change after my 28 week scan.

Im sure all will be fine, stay positive image

They told me that baby will have no harm from the lakes, just that she may be smaller, anything from 2lbs-6lbs depending on how early she arrives.

• Options

Hi,

i am actually not pregnant myself, but have a surrogate. Anyway, just saw the 15 week scan and report done on 7 th May 2015. She has placenta prosterior, Multiple placental lakes are noted, overlying the internal Os. Amniotic fluid is adequate and fetal weight is 129gm.

Does anyone know if this is good or bad, how worried should I be?

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat Guidelines.