Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

episiotomy recovery

hey ladies, i had a forcepts birth with episitomy 5 months ago, however i still dont feel right down below, i get aches in the area, sometimes the way i sit makes it uncomfortable and sorry if tmi but it really hurts when i go to the toilet!

Does anyone else suffer similiar things this far after birth?

Replies

• i tore but didnt have any stitches and i found for months after if i stood for too long like when doing the ironing my 'scar' would ache or if i sat at a funny angle.

when i was due af (currently pg with no2)over 2 years on it still aches for a few hours before she turned up. i did have pain when going to the loo but i think this was the piles that pushing for 2 hours left me with. dd was about 7/8 months before they calmed down and i havent had a flare up now for about a year (dd is nealr 2.5)

hope that helps
  • I had an episiotomy 11 days ago. It feels OK but yesterday the MW said it is gaping slightly image Now cacking myself that it won't close properly. She said not to worry because it will still heal and it's not infected or anything, just keep it clean and she will keep me under observation for a while longer. But worrying is natural when it's your rear end that is affected! As for piles, I have them too and they are much worse than the stitches. Going to the loo can be downright painful (sorry if TMI). As for the original question I would perhaps ask the doctor to take a look even if it's just for peace of mind.