Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

32 weeks pregnant. could my baby be early??

hey im 32 weeks pregnant. my babys head has been engaged since 28 weeks. i have been having strong braxton hicks every night. i also have achey pains in my groin and pelvic area. could my baby be born early????x

Replies

• I really wish I could say yes, but unfortunatly there is no gaurentee! Am pretty much the same as you but am 36 weeks now with no show or waters breaking :roll: I won't lie, it's VERY uncomfortable at times. My friend said she was actually late and she was similar to me *sighs* but hey, at least when my baby comes she will be fully grown, despite my discomfort!!

I post more in the "due in May" board as there are lots of ladies in the same stage as me, the last 5 weeks are known as the most annoying as it can get worse, mainly as you just was that bundle of joy it's been long enough :lol:

If you start to get really bad period like pains but REGULARLY like every 10+ mins and/or you get a show or your waters break call your midwife immediately, I had bad REGULAR pains at 27 weeks and they monitored me and were really nice.Unfort the random night pains are body preparing, I get them the most when I need to pee, and sometimes it feels like baby's gonna fall out when I stand up! It's crazy now image
  • hello

it is possible but also possible to go over, being engagaed doesnt mean you are more likely to labour as you can labour without being engaged, if your worried you could give the labour ward a ring, as your baby is engaged you will get a lot of aches as the baby is sat very low down x
  • i get up to pee almost every 2 hours in the night its crazy.. feel like i dont even sleep most the time. yeah i get achey legs and cramps but nothing major. its my first baby so dont really know what to expect. we will see what happens image good luck with everything x
  • dont think it makes much difference to be honest. at 32+2 i was not even a tiny bit engaged then at 32+5 my waters went and i had my baby a few hours later. so it just shows it makes no difference