Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Chances of VBAC next time?

Hi ladies,

I had a c section on 1st April with my first baby. I'm not planning another baby for a couple years yet but i felt i missed out on my lovely birth experience with my c section. I'm very squeamish so i can hardly remember baby being born because i was so preoccupied with everything they were doing to me! Also, i have had uterus infections and wound problems since so i would really like to avoid another at all costs if possible! The thought of another c section actually puts me off having another baby!

What are the chances of having a VBAC? The reasons for my c sections were failure to progress and baby becomming distressed. (Obviously i know nothing is guaranteed and it's a chance you take but just wanted to know the likelihood...)

xx

Replies

• As far as being allowed to try for a VBAC, it would be positively encouraged so you wouldn't have any problems with the conusltant giving you the go ahead. I think someone posted on here a couple of days ago a stat that 75% are successful. The only thing to bear in mind is that you aren't induced (I don't think) and they only let you labour for a relatively short period of time x
  • most hospitals are pro vbac, i also had problems with my wound post section which is part of my reasons for wanting vbac although i will be sectioned if i go over, however a lady on a thread over in pregnancy her area does induce if you go over x
  • Hi I Had To Have A C-Section Due To Baby Being In Distress And Because They Couldnt Check Her Oxygen Level I Also Had Problems With My Scar A Few Days After Her Birth And Was Worried About Getting Pregnant Again I Think Biggest Part Of It Also Depends On How Long It Is Before You Get Pregnant Again The Longer You Leave It The Better Your Chance Of Haveing A VBAC I Fell Pregnant When My 1st Was 10Months I Was So Worried About My Scar During The Birth But I Didnt Have Any Problems What So Ever And My Labour Wasnt That Long Either It Was The Best Experience Ever Im Now Due VBAC2 In 2Months And I Cant Wait Hope You Get Your VBAC When The Time Comes Good Luck image X x