Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Can i have another section?? Part 2

hello Ladies,

just an update. i posted a while ago wondering whether i could ask for another section as we were ttc baby number 2!

Well i am now 8 weeks pregnant image and went to see my consultant today to talk about the reasons why i had to have an emergency section with my daughter.

Turns out that baby was in distress and i wasn't in labour however my uterus was overactive and the desision was made to deliver baby rather get me into labour and distress baby more.

After informing my consultant that not knowing what had happened had affected me (emotionally and mentally), she asked if i would like another section with baby number 2. She did point out that i would be able to vbac but given what i had told her she wanted me to be able to enjoy this pregnancy and not worry about labour problems and getting myself worked up!!!

I know i must have the most understanding consultant and feel extremly lucky that she listened to me, but it shows that if you were/are in the same postion an elective section isn't to be dismissed!!!

So i will be under my consultants care for this pregnancy and meeting up with her again at my 20 week scan.

hope my ramble on has helped?? image

Replies

• That's fab news. It's a real relief, isn't it? I was lucky to get an understanding consultant too who has authorised a csec - I didn't have to fight for it at all x
  • Hi Kaycee,

Such a relief!!! have been walking around with a huge smile on my face (apart from when my morning sickness wiped it off, ha ha)

Its just reassuring to know that at least we can plan ahead and know where we are, as we will need our DD looking after and my DH can plan his paternity leave without landing a load of work on others.

When are you due??

x x
  • great news! glad ur consultant was so supportive!...ooh, and massive congratulation on ur new little bean...hope u have a h&h 31weeks to go! xx
  • Thanks WoWbabies,

Did go with the intention of saying we were ttc, but we got our little sticky pip!! image

How is your DD daughter coming along?? how was your recovery 2nd time round and how did your son react to his new sister??

x x x
  • aww she's grand thank you, her big bro loves her to pieces! lucky we seem to have escaped any jealousy (fingers crossed)...recovery was much easier second time, initially was far sorer, but that's cos i refused morphone after wards this time as i wanted to have all my faculties about me, after ds everythings abit hazy, but this time i felt bright as a button...after first few days it was much better, and the whole recovery was easier, more comfortable etc, i guess cos i knew how to look after the wound (and myself) second time round, so no over doing it, however tempting it was and made sure i didn't get an infection this time...and i kept on top of my pain relief...i took arnica the morning of the csec and there after for one week, wjhich i'm sure helped and after one week i started to take salt baths, which helped too...i alos used some savlon spray wound wash daily on my scar to keep it clean and made sure it was dry and aired, to try and prevent any infection, seemed to do the trick....only problem was, by week 3 i was gagging to hoover nad pick up my son but fought the urge til 6weeks as didn't want to undo all my good recovery, iyswim?...aww so pleased for you...when are u due, november?...how old will ur lo be? how u feeling? sick etc? xxx
  • Am glad your all doing well and recovery was good! Am pleased to hear your son loves being big brother. I was booked in with my midwife yesterday and she has said that i am 8weeks taht day and my edd is 18th december so our little girl will have just turned 5 (on the 5th dec) when pip is due!!

Had a good recovery with the section just couldn't sit still and tried to do things but soon realised i needed to relax and enjoy not being able to do stuff ha ha!!

Luckily the sickness is wearing off but still get the occasional lightheaded moment (like you get when you haven't eaten) but hopefully ive turned a corner with it. Was so glad hubby was off over easter as i could hardly get out of bed!!

Did the thought of having the epidural freak you out second time round?? I only ask as i was off my head on pethadin and don't really remember it and i just keep thinking about how wrong a needle going in between my spine actually is!!!!

am just so glad i haven't got to fight for the section, hopefully i will relax and appreciate my growing bump this time round

xxxx

Thanks WoWbabies
  • glad ur sickness is wearing off now, must be a relief, i've been lucky both times and never suffered a jot of morning sickness (i'm not bragging, honest lol)... the thought of the spinal didn't freak me out as such, but yes i was nervous, not helped by the fact it took about a thousand attempts to do it, and also like u i'd had g&a and pethidine at that point first time round lol, and they let me cuddle over OH while they did it, but this time they made OH sit in corner while they did it and i had to hug a pillow ... wish i'd had g&a for that bit lol, but that was only on the dodgy attempts, the one where she got it right was fine lol. was very weird walking down to the op room though, knowing what was about to happen lol! very odd feeling indeed x