Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

my birth story.

Ok, birth story.....

I woke with pains at 4.45 and i got out of bed at 5am and my waters broke all over the bedroom floor, the bathroom floor, the hall floor i never knew you had so much waters!

i woke Gary as the pains were every 5-6 minutes and i got his mum to come round for the girls. We left for hospital and arrived at 6am, i wasnt seen until 7am and she checked me and i was only 3 cms so they sent me to the antenatal ward. At 8.30am i asked for gas and air and told the midwife i labour very fast so she moved me down to the labour ward at 9.15, contractions coming every 3 minutes by this point and i got into the birth pool. My heart was monitored constantly but never raised a problem. i asked Gary what time he thought the baby would arrive and he said 9.30, i laughed and said no, 10am, the midwife laughed at us both and said id be lucky to have him by lunch! (yea right!) they told me i couldnt give birth in the pool as the midwife wasnt allowed so i agreed to get out unto the floor. I got a big contraction at 9.45 and i told Gary if i got another that i was going to need to get out as i knew i was going through transition. I got another big contraction, jumped out of the pool and began pushing on the floor. After 8-10 good pushes his head was born and then one more push he was born. James Sidney Ivor was born at 9.55am. The midwife told me after that he was a face presentation and i was lucky to have been able to have him without intervention. After James was born he wasnt breathing so the emergency button was hit and the room filled with doctors and midwives, he was bagged and they revived him after what felt like a lifetime. He was very blue and bruised and grunting for a good 4-5 hours so they decided he might have an infection so he was placed in an incubator for heat and oxygen and they put a line in for antibiotics and bloods etc. anyway he is fine now and all is well, the bloods shown no infection but he is quite jaundiced so we have to keep him near the window or he might have to go back into hospital for phototherapy. There you have it girls, my very last birth story! xxx

Replies