Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Placenta Previa and breech baby at 35 weeks, when would they do c section?

Hi, just wondered if anybody could offer any information. I was told i had partial placenta previa at my 20 week scan which normally moves up later on however had another scan last monday and was told my placenta has not moved and is very close only 5mm! the consultant said they like it to be a least a couple of cms, also baby is footling breech as well! i have had no bleeding or any issues throughout my pregnancy. I have another scan on the 23rd when i will be 36+3 to check position of both baby and placenta, i'm pretty sure that baby is still breech at the min. Just wondered if anybody has had experience of this? obviously c section will be planned but wondered when they do this? This is my 2nd baby and first was induced but natural delivery. Im not concerned about the section just hating the waiting and not knowing.

Replies

• Options
    39 weeks is the usual date for an elective/planned csection...they'll give u ur date (if nether baby and/or placenta have moved) after ur scan at 36weeks....they generally only do them earlier if there is history of early labour, pet etc and other factors involved too... always seems quite late to me, but i guess it's cos they can never be 100% sure on dates, and say they were two weeks and delivered at 37 or 38weeks, u could end up with a baby with signs of being prem...so usually around 39weeks (sometimes ur consultant wil be willing to 'negotiate' depending on reasons to amke it slightly earlier, later, wait for labour to start etc, although it wouldn't be advisable to wait for labour with placente praevia) x