Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

pregnancy after c-section

Hi, was wondering if anyone could put my mind at rest about getting pregnant after an emergency c-section. My midwife told me that i'd have to wait a year before trying for another baby. I'm all for being sensible but i'm also feeling i'm against the clock a bit! I'm a relatively healthy and fit 32 year old and have recovered remarkably well after my emergency c-section 2 months ago. Wasn't planning on trying again straight away, but a year seems a long time away right now!!

Replies

• Hi there. I had an emcs with first last April. I was 31 (nearly 32) and like you recovered well. We were told to wait a year but I conceived in Jan (so my daughter was 9 months). I am now 23 weeks and all is going well - no complications or anything from prev csec. I will be having an elcs in Sept although I would've been allowed a VBAC too if I'd wanted. I felt time was ticking too! x
  • Hi Cant really help much more as my lo was just over one when i got pregnant again, but i had no complications all the way through and my recovery after the second was better ( not great with the first)

I am now pregnant again but this time it was 3 years till i got pregnant again and this time i have had loads of pains and aches in the scar area but its not that bad (prefer it to morning sickness any day lol)

I never got told to wait a certain period of time before getting pg again!

Good luck anyway hope your enjoying being a mummy x
  • Thanks guys, just wanted some reassurance! I absolutely love being a mum, it's the best feeling in the world! He's making me wants lots more! My husband and i had planned to have our second fairly quick after our first but the emergency c-section kind of threw us off course!! I'm a maid of honour for my best friends wedding next year so would ideally like to have baby number 2 before that so i'm not disrupting the photos or dress styles by being pregnant. x