Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hurry up

Well i have finally made it  and am dying for tiny to come along are there any ideas on what works if anything to bring on labour? I have a 2yr old anda dog so walk lots...tried hot bath...massage nothing isshifting this lil guy.  Anyone know anything to try.

Replies

• Hi Samantha! I remember the horrid wait. I went 12 days overdue, it was the longest 12 days of my life. By the 11th day, I was totally desperate, scouring the internet to find tried and tested methods to kick-start labour. I had tried everything you can think of, so when I came across an article about how strong Clary Sage oil is and how you must never use it in early pregnancy due to it kick-starting labour I HAD to try it. I also read a chat on another website where a lady said that for each of her 3 children she'd eaten a meat feast pizza the night before she went into labour.

So, on the Thursday, I burned about 5 times the recommended dose of Clary Sage oil in an oil burner, sat on my bed eating a meat feast pizza with my partner, Dan, giving me a foot massage (with C.S oil) in the places that reflexologists say can start labour.

By 6am the next morning, I was in labour, and at 3.37am on Saturday 16th May (the day I was due to be induced!) I gave birth to my daughter. I'll never know if it was the C.S oil, foot rubbing, or pizza, but rest assured I'll be doing it again next time! Good luck! x

• wow sounds amazing i have never heard of it before but i will be hitting the town health store for it tomorrow i promise you. Tried lavander oil in massage but nothing will budge the lil devil. well wish me luck!! sam