Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

My Home Birth Story xx

Hi ladies,

Hope we are all well? sorry i haven't been on here since giving birth to my bundle of joy, Max. Life has been pretty hectic since the 24th May, but i have finally found 5 mins to let you all know how my birth went.

Well on Mon (23rd) I started to get contractions, they were irregular with no pattern. at 2.30am Mon morn my contractions began to come every 5 minutes, so i called the MW and my doula (due to wanting a Home birth) MW said that due to not having any intense pains yet i just needed to keep them informed over the telephone on my progress. My Doula arrived about 40 mins later, however at this point my contractions suddenly stopped. It was decided that myself and my partner would go to bed, as it was now approx 4am, and neither of us had any sleep.

I woke at 7am (by my little boy) and again had a few contractions but nothing that was an unmanagable. It was suggested that my Doula would go home, and i would attend my reflexology appointment that i had previously booked.

I went to reflexoloy at 9.30am, and due to the contractions starting, my reflexologist agreed to do a different treatment that focused on my pressure points, and help to bring on labour (if my body is ready) This was very painful, and nothing like all my previous treatmemts.

I was then told to go home, sleep and basically let my body relax but have chance to allow the treatment to 'work'

I was home and asleep on the bed for 11.15am. At 12.10 i woke up in a panic, as i was in an awful amount of pain. I cried for my partner, who followed me into the bathroom. I ran a warm bath (as thought this was the start of my labour, and was advised not to use my birth pool until i was 5cm dilated (incase it slows things down)

So i got into a warm bath, at this point the pain was too intense, and constant. My waters broke. So i told my OH that he needed to call the MW as the pain was unreal, (to be honest i thought i would need to go into hospital due to the pain already. OH called my Doula and the MW - MW heard me in the back ground and felt that i needed to be seen straight away, as did my Doula. After approx 20 mins i thought i needed a poo (Sorry tmi) and told my OH that i needed to go to the toilet, But struggled to get out of the bath. eventually i got out of the bath and sat on the toilet. As i sat on the loo i had an intense urge to push. I told my OH that i needed to push. He at this point was in sheer panic, as there was no MW. after 5 mins of me getting upset (worried as i needed to push and there was no one here)

eventually the midwife arrived, and saw the state i was in (still sitting on the loo, shouting that i needed to push) MD and OH got me to the bedroom, where i lent over the bed on all 4's. At this point the MW told me to push, the 2nd MW arrived, and gave me some gas and air. With this i gave two large pushes and babys head was born, with my next contraction his body was born. I was in shock for the 1st couple of hours due to how quick baby Max arrived, but he was just perfect, happy and ready to feed.

My labour pains started approx 12.10pm and Max was delivered at 1.24pm, weighing 7.15lbs.

I didnt make it to my birth pool, but was so pleased with my birth and that i managed to stay at home with my DS, OH and my brand new baby.

I dont seem to be able to upload a piccy of my beautiful baby boy, but i have lots of piccys of him on my FB page xxx

Replies

• Only just seen this-huge congratulations, what a great birth story!!

Very pleased you had such a good birth even if you didnt make it to the pool!

• What a wonderful birth story! oh my goodness how fast image

Congratulations! xxx
  • youve made it sound so interesting, ive planned homebirth too for my second, im 39+4 today, in a way i want it to happen as quick as yours but again im really scared it does happen that quick and no one is here with me....gulp x