Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Appt at 16 weeks with consultant re VBAC

Hi all

i just had my dating scan..i have the above appt in a few weeks and just wanted to ask what happens at this appt exactly?

also i might be going away, will they change the date if necessary or is it vital i stick to the appt date?

would appreciate advice

thanks!!

sb x

Replies

• They should change it no problem. I guess as long as it's a week or two either way. I had my VBAC appt at 20 weeks and after the usual checks (BP, urine, etc) she asked about DD's birth (I had her in a different area) and then asked me about my plans for this birth. I told her I would like an elcs and she said that's fine. That was pretty much it x
  • thanks for your reply.

thats exactly what i had at my booking in appt ...midwife asked me same questions etc, so doesnt seem very necessary. i guess i will have to make my mind up by then, but i more or less have decided to go for vaginal delivery.

i have a feeling i will end up having an emerg c section like last time though!

thanks again