Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

cramps

hi ladies

dont know if anyone can help but i have had period type cramps all thru this pregnancy (23 weeks now) and i am convinced i am going to go into labour way to early.

I am under consultant care cos i lost a baby boy at 22 weeks and this is an ivf baby and have had work on my cervix.

Anyone suffered cramps to then go into prem labour??

thanks

Replies

• Options
    sorry to hear your lost a baby, I'm not surprised you're worried. I had my twins prematurely, and didn't notice cramps even when I was in labour (at first!), my signs were bleeding and passing clots. (several times over weeks, had to live in hospital, but I was further along than you are).

If you're at all worried you must phone the hospital - every time too. They will not mind at all and will be able to scan you, put on a trace etc and see what's going on. It's important they catch it early as sometimes they can stop labour and although it's too early yet you'll have to have the steroid injections to help your baby's lungs.

Don't hesitate, it isn't worth it.

let us know how you get on, and good luck xx