Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

3rd section?!

Hi.just wondered if anyone knows how likely it is to have a vbac after two previous sections. I had my second little boy nine mnths ago and am five weeks pregnant with my third. Am really scared actually! Baby was planned and is very much wanted but the thought of having a four yr old, 18month old and a newborn is quite daunting! Anyone else experienced this? :?

Replies

• it really depends on your hospital and the consultants, i have been told after my failed vbac (due to distress) that i would have to have a section, but the hospital my friend is a midwife at would allow a trial vbac

oh and congratualtions an 18 months gap is wonderful and challenging! :lol:
  • Hi I have a 2 and a half year old (very long labour which resulted in a 4th degree tear) a 1 year old (elective section) and im currently 16weeks pregnant with my third who will also be delivered by section. I am very scared but also so excited about the age gap, mine will be 3years and 2weeks, 18months and newborn. It will be hard but well worth it. I think it will depend on why you had your first section, I have been told the consultants and midwives would fight me if I ever said I wanted to try vbac but I see it as I was very lucky to not have any after problems that I would always choose sections.

Did you get alot of scar pain when you fell pregnant with your second?