Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

traumatic birth but there are many blessings

Hi, I am posting this to anyone who is worried about their baby not meeting milestones and who may have had a traumatic birth experience. I will keep it brief for now,

My little girl was starved of oxygen during labour and she suffered a brain injury. At first I had no idea the NHS had any part to play in her start to life, however that opinion soon changed and subsequently I entered into litigation against the NHS to ensure my little girl would have all the care & support she will need throughout her life, and I won very successfully. (I can help point in the right direction if this is something you want to do).

There are two reasons I have posted this actually, one to make people aware that the birth may have played a part in your child not meeting their milestones and the other is to tell people about Conductive Education which has been the most positive experience for us and has given my daughter a level of independence all the medical experts said she wouldn't have.

Please feel free to contact me as I know how alone you can feel and not sure where to turn in the early years.

Best wishes to all.

(info@ellasfield.com)

Replies

• Could you tell me a bit more about Conductive Education? My son suffered prolonged hypoglycaemia in the 48 hours after birth and although his EEG and MRI have come back clear he does have significant developmental delay, especially in his language skills.

Thank you,

H x