Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

6 months after home birth

it was not planned i had a fast birth 1hr and 3 mins from 1st contraction waters broke on the 4th contraction so was really fast well how it started i had a con then i went looking for parcetmol and was running a bath as thats what they say before phoning labour and delivery ward (had 2 children before)had 2 tab then jumped into the bath was in there 2 secs the could not hack it was just pacing then wiped as i went to the loo and there was blood so i dryed my self then put a pair of knickers and a pad on then went down stairs to phone the hospital well then my waters broke and just put the phone down then went upstairs to get dressed big mistake as i just needed to push so told my mum to phone for an ambulance and i got down the stair (took me 10 mins)well i knew it was to late to get to the hospital so i asked my mum to put a towel on my leather sofa i got on all 4's i was ok like that then the ambulance crew turned up checked me and they radio thought to say i was not going anywhere one of the crew said she need more stuff as it was where baby was coming and they got on the radio to another ambulance crew to assist well she said she was going to get gas and air i told her not to bother inless she wanted to clean sick up to she said no thanks never brought one back well she was only gone 2 mins and i had him then the other team turned up and they all got to hold as my placenta was taking so long plus they had to give him oxygenand then the midwifes turned up and said we missed all the fun then the ambulance crews when (forgot to say i had a helicopter crew as she wanted to see a birth and the lady that delivered the baby he was her 1st birth bless her she looked shocked)then i asked i was going to hospital they said they would not have sent the ambulance crew away if i was baby was ok thats why they stayed so long they were there for ages doing paper work then they checked the placenta to see if it was heathly not sure if they weighed it they weighed my son i know that they then checked my tear but was happy it was cloting and i was then they made me go to the toilet they said it was ok then cleaned up one midwife went the other stayed to finish her paper work and gave me and ethan a final check then was on her way my other labour's where over 10 hours long so this was fast and the not being at hopital was good as i had my O/H to help that was a + and the fact of not having everyone elses baby crying so got some much needed sleep and i healed much faster to

so for this being so long

Replies