Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

advice please :)

i asked my midwife yesterday at my 31 week appt if i could go for a home birth and she is really up for it as i am so low risk and happy with everything.

now i have towels and will use an old shower curtain for the messy bit image but are there any tips or advice you ladies can give me?

i am hoping to do it at home, if i dont it will be at a mw lead unit... but i have a 'labour bag' packed just in case, least hubby can find everything then :lol: instead of running around the house trying to find it all.

Replies

• Best decision in the world image, I dont really have advice but i gave birth at home a month ago tomorrow and after 3 days told my hubby i wanted to do it again!! It really was THE best day of my life and tops our wedding day image.

Good luck with everything, I hope you get the labour you want xxx
  • Just noticed u have a toddler too, hope you dont mind me asking but how soon did you ttc again? I really cant stop thinking about another so would love to hear how u came to the decision (sorry to pry!) x
  • good luck with your home birth, i have no advice as I'm still at the planning stage as well!

Do you have childcare fixed up for your toddler? We have an almost 3 yr old and I'm undecided about the best thing for her, I guess if it's night time she can stay here but I'm worried seeing me behaving very differently might upset her.
  • my toddler will either: go out in the daytime with my mum and then come home when its all finished or... if i labour in the night, she'll probs need to be here. I havent thought it through massively about nighttime yet, last time i went into labour at 2am and had her at 10am so she'd be out the house, its harder to give birth at home during the night as its so quiet. Another thing to work out when it happens, if it happens and i need to go as imogen cant go anywhere then its to the MW led place in the forest for me.

we tried when imogen was 8 months as we wanted a fairly small gap but were bf-ing and were pleased to fall quite quickly considering i hadnt ovulated for over a year and a bit lol

i always wanted a small gap, jealously is less and then its all done and dusted lol, no more nappies etc.

some people think im mad, some think i am a genius image