Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can I just check this is normal???

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to check that this is normal...

I had an emcs in August due to undiagnosed breech baby so that was nearly 6 months ago. Afterwards I suffered from an infection on my scar but this healed after taking antibiotics and bathing in salt water. My scar can still feel sore at times especially if something is near it and I have a large area that is still quite numb.

I just wanted to check that this was normal and wondered if the feeling eventually returns?

Thanks

SB x

Replies

• I had a emcs almost 16 months ago and just wanted to let you know that it still feels kinda numb...its a weird feeling lol. I didnt have an infection or anything on my scar tho.

Im trying to think if I still got pain 6 months after, I think I did certain ways I moved or twisted....it just takes time to heal but if you are at all concerned I would go to your doctor image xx
  • After my emcs in september, my mum told me she still has numbness from her hysterectomy which was over 10 years ago, and as it's all the same muscles / nerves etc that have been cut through i'm guessing it's the same. I occasionally have a bit of an ache inside, but haven't really worried, and my scar does still itch sometimes.

xxx
  • Hi, had emcs nearly 3 years ago, the numbness lasted about a year I think. Fine now though, am pg again and scar is a little itchy. I know quite a few women who have had the numbness so wouldn't worry!
  • i get this still from time to time hun, and my section was nearly 2 years ago x
  • Hi,

I asked my GP about this and she said its normal. Also that we all heal very differently so some will have no numbness and for others it takes longer to go or will stay to some extent.

I sometimes get a mild burning deep inside if I cough/sneeze still and occasionally it pulls at the sides if I've overdone things or stretch too far.

Hope it eases soon for you x