Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any Other Ways To Bring On Labour Naturally?

I have tried all the following so i'm thinkin babies probaly just come when there ready....

walking miles up and down hills

steep steps

birthing ball

curry (dont usually eat spicy foods)

squats

clary sage oil - massaging and in the bath

fresh pinapple

cleaning the whole house

carrying something of the babys round with me for 24 hours

putting up his cot

accupressure

raspberry leaf tea

havent tried sex dont wish too either lol

i wouldnt try the castor oil highly not recommended

im seeing my midwife today, my consultant wants me to have a sweep at 40 weeks which is only 5 days away so id prefer if he came naturally without this

can anyone reccommend anything else? imageimage

Replies

• Options
    I feel for you, I had a sweep at 40+1 last Thurs, I was already 2cm dilated and effaced, but it hasn't worked image

Im getting cramps on and off since week 37 when I had a bloody show so am stuck in slow labour. Ive tried the ball, walks, pineapple, squats, swaying, cleaning. Cannot do sex as the thought right now makes me cringe :lol: Ive just accepted I'll end up induced on mon image
  • Options
    I took oil of evening primrose tablets when I got to 39 wks, that along with sex is what I'm convinced did the trick, although we had just moved house, got the last coat of paint on the walls, had done a full grocery shop and had a roast in the oven! So think he decided it was a convenient time to arrive! Hope u can avoid the sweep x