Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

my wonderful unassited homebirth

Birth Of baby Miller number 3 image

On 9th August 2011, at 5.00am 3 days before my due date I woke up When i felt a big kick and a click like feeling in my Bump, after a few minuites of wondering what Pip (our babies nickname) was upto, i felt  My waters Leaking out, so Jumped up as quick as i could, and ran to the toilet, It was definatley My waters!  After Sitting and Pondering the thought of my other 2 children waking up, i went and Woke my husband Robbie who Shot out of bed quicker than you could say contraction!

We went down stairs quietly and Rang the Hospital Maternity unit, after 100+ questions  5.15 am, Finally she realised i was for Home delivery (even though i did say) she said a midwife was being sent out to my home. I got my First mild Contraction whilst on the Phone to the Midwife.

When i Got off the Phone i Text Laura my best friend and bithing partner and Mum ‘’my waters have broke woo hoo!’’ Laura Joked in her reply 'do you think you'll be done by 8.30am before i need to go to work!'' They both casualy started to make their way to my house. image

I had a few more contractions each one noticeably stronger but alwasy 3 mins apart the same as my previous labours had beem, i found during this time i had to run back and forth to the toilet probably my body having a clear out! Rob decided it would be a great time to Fold the washing.. What a time to start nesting!?!

About  5.25 the Midwife rang me and said she was on her way it would take her about half an hour.

A short time later I realised it was not going to be long!  i was sat on the sofa and contractions were getting intense.

Laura Arrived at 5.40 ish i think she could see i was in a lot of pain. After a few mins there was No Gaps in contractions and it was very painfull,  all i wanted to do was get up i remember rob saying ‘’dont get up dont get up’’ i think he knew what would happen if i did.

I  stood up and immedietly found my self on all fours on the floor (luckily on top of a duvet i had put down) there was nothing to do but to push, i told Laura she might need to go get the towels! 

All i remember now was Pushing the babies head out and rob behind me going 'Oh My God' becca becca becca stupid midwife!  With another push Robbie Caught Our baby and unwrapped its cord from around its kneck. I remember seeing ALOT of fluid and 2 little feet. He cried straight away.

Rob then Told me its a boy as Laura walked in with the towels!  i made sure i checked The time it was 5.50 am!!

Laura and Rob were Fantastic and wrapped him up and rubbed him warm and put him infront of me, i was in too much shock to hold him, i think i just stared in ore at him in total amazemant as to what had just happened.

Laura remined me of when i asked her to grab a pair of Scissors From he kitchen to cut of my Knickers as they were at my knees and i couldn't move, well when she calme in with them in her hands Robbie nearly had heart failier thinking she was going to snip Babies cord!

It was almost 6am when my Midwife Came to the door, she Looked shocked to see me sat on the floor next to a baby.  My mum followed and not long after my dad looking very shocked to see our baby was already here.

After about 10 mins the cord had stopped Pulsating and Rob cut the cord, i decided i wanted to deliver the placenta naturally which took about 10mins more.  Midwife weighed Baby 4.2kg 9lb 5oz what a whooper!

it finnaly occured to me to try and breastfeed my baby, after planning and asuming i would put him straight to my breast, it just wasnt even a thought.. i think i was still in shock. i was very pleased t

Replies