Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Labour Positions

I have a lovely Twitter friend who is currently enduring dreadful labour pains, although there are many articles out there it's sometimes nice to hear from those who know. I've had 3 children and can honestly say each pregnancy was different. I can't fully remember the first 2 but definately reme,ber the labour with the last and what worked really well for me was doing plenty of walking, I remember walking through all the halls in the hospital and would not stop until I was ready to have him! The other point I noticed was when I was getting early twinges I would sit down and they would pass, however this also paused the whole process so I persisted and leaned over the table and swayed from side to side. This eased the pain but kept the process going! What words of wisdom do you have?

Replies

• Having had two very different pregnancies/labours it definitely helps to keep as mobile/upright as possible rather than lay still on a bed.  Gently rotating your hips during contractions helps take the edge off (think Wii Fit Hula Hoop) & I found it more comfortable pushing on all fours rather than laying on my back.

• Thanks Kazzie x