Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

any advice

hi all. anyone have any advice for me??

am 40 weeks pregnant, midwife gave me a stretch and sweep yesterday at 4.30pm

im very soft and stretchy and have no plug and am alredy 2cm dialated, and she could feel babys head, but i feel nothing i dont feel like im coming into labour.

anyone got any advice for me what i could try to speed the progress up

thankyou xxxx

Replies

• What about bouncing on a ball or go for a long walk if you can manage it?

• Melissa if nothing has happened yet then walking is definitely the thing to do, you need to keep as upright & mobile as possible to help gravity assisst baby downwards which will in turn help contractions build.  Also try rotating your hips as if hula hooping.  Best wishes & good luck.

• Sounds like your on your way but to get it moving, hot curry or spicy food is supposed to irritate the uterus in to contracting, never believed that one myself. Sure I have heard clary sage oil in a bath but know ur not supposed to use it early in pg so hopefully someone can give you the right advice on that one. The one that work for me was sex, within 12 hours I lost my plug and waters broke, contractions started immediately. Good luck hope it goes smoothly x
  • Sex worked for me both time. Good luck, hope things get started soon x