Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Inducing Labour at James cook hospital

i am 41+1 weeks today and have been given a date to be induced next wednesday (12th) at James Cook university hospital in middlesbrough if Labour hasnt started. Can anyone share their experiences/views on being induced as this is my first baby and i am very anxious/scared of what to expect! 

Can my partner stay with me at all times? I really dont like the thought of being on my own image 

Is an induced labour any different to a normal one? 

Will i go to high dependency? What is the difference between high and low dependency? 

Any tips to bring on labour naturally are appreciated.. everything im trying isnt working! 

Thanks

Jess 

Replies

• Don't have any experience of being induced at full term but just wanted to say my experience of JCUH was a very positive one! I had my daughter there in 2010 and last year I lost a baby at 20 weeks and they had to induce labour and both were handled impeccably. I really have no complaints - in fact, I'm disappointed I won't be delivering this baby there as we have since moved away.

As far as I know you'll be high dependency if you're induced but yes your husband will be able to stay with you throughout labour! Hopefully it won't come to that an baby will come of its own accord - if so I would highly recommend a waterbirth!!! Good luck x
  • When you are induced you are normaly put on high dependency but its not that bad i had my first baby on there and due to have second on there this sunday but it is painfull cause everything is rushed along but im sure you will be fine and keep an open mind on your pain reilef as you might change your mind on what you want and your partner should be able stay with you during the birth. Good luck and hopefully you wont have wait that long!!

• I had my baby 2 weeks ago - not at the hospital you mentioned. They started to induce me at 39+6 due to blood pressure. I had my first pessary at 12.15am on the Sunday evening. Then a further pessary on Monday morning and again on Tuesday morning. At the Hospital I was at my partner could only be there duing visiting hours, which were 10.00am - 8.00pm until you were in labour. As it goes my induction didnt work, I never felt a thing of the induction and ended up with a section after 3 pessarys.