Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant again after traumatic first pregnancy, worried :(

Hey all, I am pregnant again (unplanned and in shock but not unwelcome) x my pregnancy with me son was horrendous and if I am truthful, I am petrified image I have hypertension in pregnancy, I am fine when I'm not pregnant, normal blood pressure, but seem to have high bp in pregnancy. In my pregnancy with my son this resulted in me having to attend hospital 3 times every week during the pregnancy and a doctor eventually put me on a beta blocker to help with the bp. Unfortunately though I am asthmatic and the tablets were aspirin based, it wiped my chest out completely and I ended up on oxygen machines, nebulisers etc, even ended up with the crash team round me a few times as my throat closed image scary doesn't even begin to describe it image By the time I ended up having him they had been giving me gels to induce me for 3 days, they manually opened my cervix!!! They kept me on a drug that was stopping contractions image I ended up with a severe infection, vomiting, dehydrated etc. by the time I was sent to delivery I was hooked up to loads of drips antibiotics and all sorts and bubas heart rate was 230. Needless to say I ended up with an emergency section after being told if they didn't then both me and baby would die. when he arrived he had to be taken to nicu for 2 days for antibiotics and I ended up having CT scans for a suspected blood clot caused by the meds they put me on image I was coughing up blood with a temp of 40 and poorly for quite some time image I am trying to be positive in this pregnancy but my bp is already slightly raised and now I am at risk of gestational diabetes too, I am so scared of it all happening again image does anyone know of blood pressure meds they can give to asthmatics that are safe in pregnancy?? Here's hoping for a happy healthy pregnancy hey? X