Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

signs of labour... help me please?!

Heya, I'm 37+6 and these past day or two I've been feeling quite sick and like I need to go to the toilet all the time. I've been having hot flushes and cramps and pains in my tummy and I just keep crying randomly at absolutely nothing. I also had abit of diarrhea too. I've never been through this before as its my first and don't know what its like to lose the mucus plug or anything. I'm so uncomfy and restless but wondered if anyone could give me advice as to what may be going on please? Would really help. Thank you x

Replies

• Hun if your unsure ring the labour ward for advice they will help you I would think xxx
  • Thank you, got to go for a scan today anyway x
  • Sadly most of it sounds like normal final days of pregnancy.

At 37wks you're technically full term, baby ias fighting most of your internal organs for room so your lungs will get pushed up leaving you feeling breathless, your bowels will get squashed leaving you with constipation/diaorrhea, your bladder will get squashed meaning more frequent trips to the loo.

Your hormones are preparing you for motherhood so you will feel more emotional & may cry (sometimes for no reason other than you need to cry) your boobs may leak milk when you are around other children & your temperature may rise (as it does during your period).

When labour does arrive you will instinctively know, your 'show' can appear at anytime (days before labour or after labour has started) & can appear as either blood tinged mucus or bleeding.  Your waters again can break shortly before or during labour & can be either a constant trickle or one big gush.  Contractions will gradually build over time lasting longer & becoming more regular (to be in established labour contractions are normally 3-5mins apart & last 90secs) generally taking your breath away.