Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

signs of preterm labour??

Im 34 weeks and 2 days, i seen the midwife thursday and she told me to take it very easy and watch out for any signs as she was concernes at the amount of braxton hicks i have been getting - im very petite and when baby moves since he's low down he's triggering them off. The last couple of days i have had stingy pains from down below i was told this is him engaging and getting lower. Today walking back from the shops which is only a few minutes away it felt like a ripping pain down below that lasted approx 5 mins its away now though. But tonight i feel very sicky and hot. Ive not had one bit of sickness so far in my pregnancy. Could these be signs of preterm labour?

Replies

• Hi bambixx how are you now? X
  • Still having really bad period like pains/cramps that are coming and going for a couple of hours a day. Got checked from the midwife on thursday she reckons i'm showing signs of going in to early labour. 36 weeks today so she's not concerned if i do go a little early. Since then had a few more signs - lost a little mucus plug with a tiny bit blood, getting bad lower back pain and braxton hicks are more often too but still irregular in length wise. So just really a waiting game! Hows you?x
  • I'm 35 +3 and since thurs been having regular tightenings, no pain with them tho but for the past couple of hours been having slight lower backache as well. Sure it's all just the joys of Braxton hicks for me lol. Hope ur little Babba doesn't keep you waiting much longer image x
  • Thats how mines started but recently they have came more intense and quite painful, hopefully it is early signs. Go for a nice bath and rest up! Hope all goes well for you too image xx
  • Thank you image keep us updated, hope all goes nice and easy for u xx
  • Hi bambi,

Did it turn out to be preterm labour?

I am 33+2 and been having the same for the past 5 days. It began with period cramps, then some backache on and off and then the contractions got very painful.

I've been having contraction spells for about two hours each day randomly. They are very painful and get closer and then die off.

Had quite a bit of loose bowel movements too over past 4 days.

Hoping things go one way or the other soon. It's exhausting !
  • Hi i am 31 weeks and this my first pregnancy I have had really bad dihearea for the past week it has finally stoped but have still carried on get belly cramp but a pain that is like a period pain which is bebable to stand! i have also vomited twice. Today I have lost very little brown discharge. And the belly cramps are off and on! I am currently feeling very weak and tired! ia Thai a sign of prenture labour x