Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

has my girlfriend started losing her mucus plug at 32 weeks ??

my girlfriend is now at 32 weeks. we have just had sexual intercourse and she went to the toilet afterwards and she released some clear stretchy, egg white discharge, is there a possibilty of this been her mucus plug and if so is there a chance of the start of her labour ? 

Replies

• The mucus plug is usually a thick blob of jelly-like mucus sometimes tinged pink with a little blood, or spots of blood in it.

At 32 weeks babys head should be getting ready to engage ready for delivery and sometimes pressure on the cervix from the head moving down can dislodge some mucus, but it's rarely anything to worry about and doesn't usually indicate a risk of premature labour. Some ladies have their 'show' as early as 28 weeks and still carry their baby to term if not over. I didnt have one at all!! and my daughter was 6 days over. Just look out for contractions that get increasingly frequent, more regular and lasting longer, and more painful!  Also look out for waters breaking (sometimes a huge gush but sometimes water can trickle for days) If your gf experiences either or these phone her mw or local hospital and they'll advise you further. Dont panic! And good luck image x