Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

nipple-stimultion-to-help-induce-labour

Wondering if anyone has had some sucess with this method? if so how long did it take to get labour started and what was your way of doing it?? Im eagar to have this baby already lol

Replies

• I asked my mw about this while pg with dd and you literally have to do it for like 30mins non-stop about 5 times a day, by the time it actually does anything you'll probably have gone into labour naturally. I had false labour for 3 days, contractions would get to 1-2 mins apart and really painful, then stop as soon as I tried to get some sleep. At 40+3 I had a sweep, went home and had sex twice, about 2 hours later labour started! Dd was born at 40+6. Sex is the way forwardimage oh and I also walked the dog for 2 hours twice a day to try and get her moving haha. Xx

• Im guessing baby just isnt ready yet lol Its produced contractions but there not painful and cant really time them. Sex is the only thing i havnt tryed, we havnt had sex since i found out i was pregnant as been to scared to really, we tryed a couple of times hear and there after 20 week scan but i found it painful and again was scared we would hurt the baby- even tho i know its not physicly possabile!! lol Maybe i should just try and grin and bear it and see if it gets things started. I tell a lie i havnt tryed spicy food...i just find it hard to belive that a curry can induce labour lol xx

• Nah I spent the last 2 weeks eating a whole pineapple every day and drank my body weight in raspberry leaf tea, neither of them did a thing. I believe that baby will come when its ready, only a couple of things may help it along a bit but only if labour is imminent anyway. I also think that babies are never early or late (apart from prem babies ofc) the dates are just off, even with growth scans etc babies grow at different rates so it can only be an estimate. Also even if you know your ov date and therefore when you conceived, implantation could have been early or late so again, dates could be a few days either side. All guesswork reallyimage 

As for sex, just reeeally gentle shallow sex should be more comfortable for you, try sitting on him facing away, and when you get tired have him behind you doing all the work, that way bump isnt "in the way" and it shouldnt hurt too much if you take it slow image thats the only way we  could do it at the end! also, no risk at all to baby at this stage as you prob already know, unless your waters have broken or have been bleeding. Just relax image

Seriously though, if you want that baby moving then sex is your best betimage good luckkk! Xx

• My fella works nights and has been working the last 7 nights so when his day off comes round on saturday ill try coat him into some gentle 'baby evac sex' lol woke up this morning with mild contractions, backache, loose bowels and also feeling nausous now. trying not to get excited as could be nothing...so going to go lay back down and cross my fingers and toes (can sleep through the contractions so must be really really early labour,or so im hoping) image xx

• Oo that sounds very promising hun! Good luck, hope baby doesnt keep you waiting too long image xx

• Hey Supersquish, any more signs yet? 

I was light headed today and have been out of breath at the slightest exertion but although bh are coming lots still no sign and no plug yet!!