Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Contractions

Hiya everyone

I was 37 weeks Wednesday with baby number 3 and had the show.  With the other 2 I started couple of days later so today when I started with mild contractions I thought here we go.... 3 hours later they disappeared and now getting the odd twinge!!  Think this little miss likes playing games!!  ha

Replies

• There are no set rules, with my eldest I didn't have my show until 4hrs after starting contractions, with my youngest I had my show before entering slow labour which lasted 10days.

Keep yourself busy, hopefully you won't be waiting too long. X

• Thanks for the reply KazzieM, still nothing....  been walking and keeping busy with other 2.  Feel more anxious this time think because xmas round the corner!! 

Fingers crossed slow labour that goes nice and quick at the end!! x

• good luck hun mine were like that from 4am on thurs morn to dinner time on Friday. Had massive show and by 6:30 they were so bad I had to go hospital n had her an hour n 20 mins after they examined me. Was already 10cm dilated lol x

• Wow LH86 hope mine something like that!  Not really had anything since though so may go on a bit longer.... big waiting game!! 

Hope you and baby both well xx

• With my 3rd I had a show and contrations on and off for about 2 weeks ended up getting induced at 39.6 due to having no waters. A lot of people told me that 3rd babies and labour are very unpredictable and in my case it was true. Good luck, I hope that you get to meet your little baby soon x

• Funny you say that, I seen the midwife yesterday and she said the same that baby number 3 you tend to get a lot of niggles!!!  But then that can mean being a bit quicker once in established labour.  Went for a walk yesterday and had terrible back pain and some tightenings and then once home stopped.  Midwife said fully engaged and head really low.  With having the other 2 to think about just feel really anxious with xmas a week away.  Other 2 were early, 37 wks and 38 wks so was hoping this one the same but she got other plans!! ha xx