Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is this the beginning!?

Morning all, slightly concerned as only 34+3 and  won't find out if baby is still breech until tomorrow but I think things might be starting to happen!? Have not slept really for the last 5 nights, been having lots more bh since yesterday and just generally feeling a bit funny n different. Had the poo poos yest and also lost a small amount of my plug first thing. Lots of pressure down below n pains in my bum cheeks n my bits.  Bump seems incredibly low today n I've just spent the last hour rearranging dds toys and cleaning n rearranging the kitchen, even made room for my sterilizer! Then it dawned on me that I have a massive urge to Hoover n clean the oven lol. Dont think Anythings going to happen imminently but I have a feeling this may be the beginning of the end of my 9 month journey! Dd was almost 2 weeks early n I went thru all this literally the day she was born so am kinda expecting this one to be early too. Eeeeeeeek! Watch this space lol x

Replies

• Good luck LH! Can't believe you're 34 weeks already, seems like yesterday you got your bfp! xxx

• Thanks babes crazy isn't it. Hope ur keeping well xx

• Good luck! Let me know how scan goes tomoro and if bub has moved! Hopefully so!! Glad to hear you are well though!!

• Oooohh exciting , could well be the start of things , good luck for the scan tomorrow , hope she has turned into a good position , look forward to your update tomorrow , wish I had the urge to clean image hope all goes well  hun x x

• Still breech, still feeling rotten, feeling sorry for myself with a Chinese infront of the telly! Happy new year all xxx

• Oh sweetie. Hope the wee baby turns post chinese. Hang in there xx
  • Happy new year lh! You will be meeting your little one this year! Not long now x

• Thank god! Have been on all 4s and in the bridge position for half the day n all I have to show for it is backache! Head is still jammed under my ribs! How is your gorgeous lil man? X

• Hang in there hun , was watching a programme the other month where a lady was having a breech baby and she put ice packs - the type you take camping , where the head was n did the all fours, lay with her bum on the floor n hips propped up on the settee with cushions  n within a few days her baby had turned , but if that fails my first was breech , with no complications n at least you have had one birth already so it has been tested out - so to speak , keep everything crossed for you that she will turn .... little monkey image  also , have you considered moxibustion ?  x x x x

• Can you feel her head under ur ribs? I bet thats uncomfortable. Hopefully she will make a last minute move! Can docs have a go at the managed move you mentioned? Hes good thankyou, will upload a piccie! Xx

• It's horrendous I can't lean forwards! I've been trying light therapy too shining a torch down low to encourage her to chase the light lol. The midwife said if she's not 100% certain she's head down by my next app at 36+5 then theyll scan me to see if ecv is an option. Apparently baby has to be the right size and right amount of fluid etc so we will see x

• Ah good luck! hopefully she will flip round. at least you will know if she does as you should feel more comfortable then. How long do you have to wait untill 36 weeks and 5?x

• Yeah that's my next appointment They won't c me before then but apparently don't do anything with breech babies before 36/37 weeks anyway. Only seen midwife 4 times so far lol but think I go to 2 weekly then weekly as due date approaches x

• Good luck. Keeping fingers crossed x

• Best of luck for next week.
  • What day is your appointment this week? Hopefully she will have mved into position. Does it feel like she has moved? I bet youve tried everything!

• It's Wednesday Hun. I did feel something the other morning and thought ooh maybe she just flipped. But sometimes when I feel my bump it feels like a head up top, sometimes it feels like a bum. My mates have had a feel and say they think she's turned, my bumps gone so low as well. but then sometimes she slips down sideways! I think she's constantly on the move bless her. Whatever she's doing tho her hands and feet are 100% down low feels like she's trying to kick her way out ha ha x

• Shes got the right idea by the sounds of it then lol. You just have a wriggler! Wonder if she will be as wriggly when she arrives! If she hasnt moved by wednesday is that when they will try to move her?x

• I'll have to go for a scan to see if they think they can turn her, if they can I assume they'll book me in ASAP x

• Ah ok! Good luck for Wednesday. Hope it all goes Ok! x