Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

And the result is..........

Well after scanning me and saying baby is nice and free so they can try n turn her, they booked me in for ecv tomorrow and said if that fails I can try for a vaginal delivery. They then realised they hadn't taken any measurements so rescanned me and said she weighs about 6lb 10oz but her feet are coming first and so actually they won't try and turn her as it's too dangerous. cue lots of tears! Couldn't book me in for c sec at 39 weeks as fully booked so I'm booked in next thurs at 38+6. Just spent an hour sobbing my heart out listening to them tell me she could still turn but Im not getting my hopes up, absolutely devastated I won't get to have the natural birth I wanted and no idea how ill cope with the school run and looking after Caitlin but we will manage somehow x

Replies

• Options
    Sorry you're not getting the delivery you wanted. She might still turn tho, my friends did at 38 weeks.

If not try and focus on baby arriving safely. Friends that have had planned sections have said they were loads better than emergency ones and recovered quicker xx
  • Options
    Oh no! You poor thing. I know you must feel devestated but keep telling yourself at least you'll have your bubba safe in your arms in a week's time.

Us women cope with most things thrown at us and although it seems daunting now, you will manage.

Try as best you can not to worry about it all.
  • Options

Thanks ladies. Just reading the book they gave me. I gotta do wots best for her n that's that so no point cryin about it any more x

• Options

oh hunni im so sorry!! big hugs!!!

at least she will be delivered safe and sound   when my friend had her planned c sec(after a emergency 1st time) she made batch meals to get her through and drew up a timetable getting people around her to do school runs for her then 4 year old.

xx

• Options

LH86 im sorry your not getting the option of the birth you wanted, maybe its just me being me at the moment but think of it this way next thursday you get to hold and kiss your little bubba, i know its not what you wanted but its still fab she is a nice healthy weight and im so excited for you huni xxxxxxxxxxxx

i know it might be hard to start with but in the end it will be worth every thing xxx

• Options

It's sinking in a bit now I think. stubborn little madam I'm going to remind her of this one day lol infact no every day. Till she's 18 lol x

• Options

Lol LH86 you make sure you do huni! im so excited for you xxx

• Options

Sorry you won't get the delivery that you wanted but just think your little lady will be in your arms in a week x

• Options

I'm so scared! Never had an op or stayed in hospital overnight. I'm gona miss my lo so much as well it's just all a bit surreal think I'm still in shock atm x

• Options

Sorry it wasn't what you wanted but I'm sure everything will be fine! Have you got family/friends near to help out?

If it's a pre booked c section you'll find recovery better as I went through 26 hours of labour before they decided I had to have a section. (I'll have to have one this time aswell)

take care and just think about holding your baby!image xxx

• Options

I'll have oh for the first 2 weeks then I'm on my own but fx I should be back to some sort of normality by then x

• Options

sorry to hear that hun , she could well turn by this time next week , my neighbours' was flipping between transverse, breech up until 39 weeks , he was born on his due date head down , but another 2 friends have had 3 n 4 c sections 1st were emergency n the rest were planned and although not ideal they said the elective was very relaxed and they had lots of help after , probably a good thing , we are expected to get on with things asap n not rest as much as we should , positive thought lovely , hav you considered moxibustion or acupuncture as a last resort ? thinking of you ,x x

• Options

I've thought about it but to be honest with you it just seems pointless now. If she's going to turn she'll turn and if she doesn't then this is obviously just the way it was meant to be. I don't feel so bad about it all now I'm nervous but I think it's more disappointment than anything else. Really had my heart set on a natural birth but things don't always go as planned. Never in a million years did I think id end u needing a section, not after how quick and easy my first was, it's a bit of a bitter pill to swallow! X

• Options

Aww huni, just been looking for your post! I know it's not what you wanted but just focus on her safe arrival now, that's the most important thing and obviously your health too. Soon she'll be here to have and cuddle and that beats anything. Like one of the other ladies said, we women can do anything! I know you're scared but you will be ok xxx please let us know how you get on xxxx

• Options

Thanks huni. The ladies at LRI were lovely I think I almost had them in tears I was sobbing that much! think they felt a bit guilty. I spoke to a friend of a friend this morning who said she had an emergency c sec at the LRI and they were wonderful. Just packed baby's bag, oh has ordered me some nice new towels and a weeks worth of MAHOOSIVE pants lol. We're gona sit Caitlin down and tell her next week, not sure how she'll take it when she realises I won't be at home for a few days, I've hinted I might need to stay in but that her and daddy can visit us and she doesn't seem too bothered but think it'll hit home when it's daddy making tea and daddy putting her to bed etc. she'll have a shit fit! do them good to have some time together though x

• Options

Aww glad ure ok and feeling a bit more positive about things. I'm sure little Caitlin will be just fine too. My bag and bubba's bag are all packed too, oh made me do it last weekend as we're going away in 2 weeks for the weekend as it's my bday so will have to take it all with me as will be 37 weeks! Not long now, this rollercoaster will soon be over or maybe just beginning, not sure but everything will be fine xxx

• Options

we'll get there image x