Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hospital bag for an elective section

Hello, I wondered what you will all be taking in your hospital bag for an elective c section? I remember after my emcs that I hadn't packed for enough days in hospital and my post birth clothes were not soft and stretchy or high waisted enough so as not to rub the incision. What else are you bringing? Was there anything you wish you'd had with you?

Replies

• Excellent question! I'm hoping they're gonna tell me at pre clerking on tues. So far I've got nappies, dummies, lots of baby clothes,  bibs scratch mitts hats muslins, nappy sacks, wipes, nappy rash cream, a toy and blanket, clothes bras knickers  socks slippers dressing gown pyjamas for me, towels and toiletries and you have to take the nasal stuff and shower gel they give u at pre clerking too, maternity towels, my ipad and iphone and a camera, some money , hand sanitiser gel, that's it so far but ill update when I've been on tues  x

• Wow. Super organised!

Cotton wool ?

Dry shampoo?

Biggest knickers you can find image

I would also recommend peppermint in any form to help any gas pains.
  • Good thinking I need cotton wool, got peppermint tea for at home but will take something else with me too. My friend recommended echinacea as well to help with healing but I need to check on that on tues. I have got some MAHOOSIVE pants lol proper armpit warmers, nice flowery ones. one of the reviews on the website I ordered them from was wrote by a 65 year old lady haa haaa. X

• Armpit Warmers lol. Love it!

You sound more positive. Planning is a good help xx
  • I'm starting to get excited bout meeting her, still not looking forward to the op but to be honest with u she's not turning, I'm the size of a beached whale and her feet are constantly digging in down below so I feel like I'm gonna wee myself all the time. I'm ready to evacuate now lol x

• I took tena lady pants! Thy come up nice and high and there's no fear of leaking through those bad boys image I got asdas own, ??5 for ten pAirs image xx
  • You should see the size of the maternity pads I've got. They're about an inch thick ill b changing her nappy then my own pmsl. How's ur lil man Demii? X