Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Introducing my gorgeous daughter

Lexie Amelia Burdett born 30/01/14 by c-sec at 13:35 weighing 6lb 13oz. Still in recovery as I lost a lot of blood, they should have had me out by half 6 but as a result of not giving me enough meds or water and no food I've now got a temperature and am dehydrated and feel absolutely awful. Ian had to go home at 4pm and wasn't allowed to bring Caitlin back to see me, phone has died so can't even contact my family or friends image, just waiting to see a doctor now and they're trying to find me a bed somewhere so I can get some rest. Lexie is an angel taken to breast feeding wonderfully and has been fast asleep for hours. I'll update tomorrow hopefully image xxx

Replies

• Ahh honey , she's absolutely beautiful , you must be so relieved it's all over n you're both safe and sound , albeit feeling awful , sometimes I wonder if they know what they're doing , such a shame Caitlin couldn't get to meet her little sister but hopefully you'll feel better after a sleep , and be refreshed and brighter tomorrow ,hope they find you a bed , if not hope you sleep well where you are , so pleased for you , huge congratulations , well worth waiting for x x x x image x x

• Aww congratulations LH86 ur baby girl is beautiful hopefully get to meet her big sister tomorrow image hope they find u a bed so u can get a well deserved rest image xx
  • Gorgeous little girl, congratulations!! Sorry to hear you had a hard time but its all over now, and what an amazing outcome! Xx

• Whoop whoop huni she is perfect!

What a day you have had, I hope you get some much needed rest and love the name Lexie image I bet Caitlin will be so happy to see her mummy and new baby sister.

Sending you a speedy recovery babe and loads of hugs xxxx
  • Thanks all, still up having blood tests and swabs and samples n all sorts of cool stuff in my iv lol, she is having a hard time breathing with all the mucus so I'm gona sit n hold her upright till she's ready to feed again. Apparently I lost over a litre of blood so need iron tablets too. Feeling a lot better now tho just staring at my tiny little girl. Its been hard but id do it all over again x

• just been given my own room on the ward, got an infection in my blood so gona need lots of meds and a few days here but goin to get up and about today. Absolutely shattered this ganet fed for 3 n a half hours at 2am!  am in lots of pain n seen more pricks than a 2nd hand dart board lol but she's worth it x

• Congrats lh. She looks beautiful. It was all worth it x
  • Totally! X

• she's beautiful. congratulations .xxx

• Congrats hun, she is gorgeous! Hope you are feeling better soon x x

• Thanks! I'm up and about now and can honestly say I've never been in so much pain!! X

• Oh babes i hope you get better soon and have a speedy recovery XXXX

• sorry you having a shitty time hun!! but wow she is lovely!!!

big hugs 

xxxx

• Congratulations, LH86, from all of us at BXHQ!

• Try n be gentle with yourself hun , hope you're getting lots of help n pain meds , bet  daddy n Caitlin are over the moon with her , do you know how long you will have to stay in ? glad you've got your own room , nothing worse than being kept awake by other peoples babies when yours is sleeping soundly , hope you feel lots better very soon x x

• Congratulations!!!! She's beautiful, sorry to hear your in so much pain. Hope Caitlin gets to meet her soon it's so lovely having two girls.

Enjoy image x
  • Congratulations she is beautiful. Hope your feeling better soon x

• Aww welcome to the world little Lexie Amelia! How wonderful! She's beautiful LH, well done! How you doing today? Hope they've sorted out your pain and are looking after you with the meds that you need.

saw my consultant today and he's happy to leave me now as bubba is well and I've been well so no plans for induction atm but he's seeing me again the day before my due date just in case nothings happened naturally then probably be induced as they don't really want me to go over my due date. 

Wow, so pleased for you, enjoy your family, bet Caitlin is well excited. Roll on the next 4 weeks for me, we just want to meet our little one now too xxx

take care hun xxx

• Well they think I have a bladder infection now aswell lol but good news is I'm coming off intravenous antibiotics and on to tablets tomoz and hopefully should b out late tomoz x

• Ahhhh congratulations so is beautiful!! 

Hope your our feeling a tad better now image it's making me more excited for mine now