Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

home birth opinions please

ok so im 26+6 with number 4

yesterday i went to the consultant and he was happy my lettz hasnt and wont effect me but he looked at my last 3 labours and added in that my baby is low down and advised me that A my hospital bag needs to be packed now just incase and B at the first sign of labour i get to hospital ASAP as he thinks if i dont il give birth on the way!!! 

so what i want from you ladies is advice and opinions and any experience of home birth.

my main worries are my other children the ten year old and 7 year old partically worry me they are old enough to be traumatised if they hear/see anything

has anyone else had a home birth with older children around??

have i left it to late to organise??

is there other things i need to be thinking of??

Replies

• I like the idea of it but like u say it's the other kids and the possibility of them seeing/hearing it. Also the mess scares me a bit as we have cream carpets lol. But I say if u wana do it then go for it there's ways round stuff like having sum1 on standby to take the eldest 2 if needs be x

• ive laminate so thats ok! my main reason for thinking about it is the whole is it better to plan it than have it thrown upon me at the last minute? ive always gone to hospital because of the security of if anything goes wrong ect

• I had a home birth and sent older children round to play with friends when I called the midwife! Amazing experience if I am lucky enough to have another, no question.....home birth every time.  Go for it!